- The passenger part is sloped forward too much, so that Andrea slides forward too easily. That is not so comfortable for her and also bothers me as I have to work harder keeping both of us back when braking. Christmas is over, no need for a "Nutcracker" anymore ...
- The rider's seat is also more sloped forward than the standard GS seat and I'm not certain whether I like that or not.
- It is slightly higher, but not so much as to make a big difference in knee angle and comfort.
- I like the room it gives toward the back due to the missing "hump" to the passenger. On the other hand - that is what makes the seat itself and the pillion space more angled forward.
- Not sure about the color combination.
Overall I like it but I also like the standard seat - both for different reasons. I might not keep it. It is definitely not a seat for long tours two up for us for the mentioned reasons but for me alone it is actually pretty good. Decision is not made yet.
Here's a photo (and easily comparable with the image on the top of the page):
|R1200GS Adventure Seat on my GS|
On this picture the slope looks way worse than it actually is when riding as the bike was on the centerstand. When standing on the wheels and the suspension compressed a bit, it's way less pronounced.